We’re looking for adolescents between 12-16 in the greater Ann Arbor, MICHIGAN area to join our University of Michigan study about teens and stress. The study involves a single visit to our Ann Arbor campus and teens receive $50 for participating. Email us at DROYD@michiganpal.org
About the study:
During adolescence the rate of depression increases, which may be related to how teens handle stress. Understanding this process in depth may help us create new treatments that prevent the onset of depression in teens. For this reason, we are studying stress management in teens who have not experienced depression.
Who can participate?
- Boys and girls 12 to 16 years of agewho do not have a history of depression
What are the benefits and risks of participating?
- Help us identify how teens handle stress
- Families receive $50 for completing the study
- Risks may include minor psychological discomfort during the laboratory visit.
What will I be asked to do, and what are the risks?
- Visit to our research laboratory for 3-4 hours to complete questionnaires, an interview, and a brief stress task
- This is not a treatment study. Information gathered will only be used for research purposes.
If you are interested in this study, please complete this form and a member of our team will contact you.